Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Just put the Leo V slip on's on. Not impressed with the sound with the baffles in. THEN!!!! I took the baffles OUT and HOLY SHIT!!!! They sound AWESOME!! Not as deep a thump as the Termi's which I'm glad as they thump way to much for my taste. I LOVE the look AND the sound. Could NOT be happier. The whole Fucking bike is UNBELIEVABLE!!

WAIT! I will get some time and a sunny day and I will get some pictures and show you guys my new MACHINE. I'm so HAPPY I could SHIT!!! I even ignored Bentley for a few hours last night and took a spin. Got home in time to head down to the beach with the pup for the sunset but just had to spin for a while.

Wait for it guys. It's coming!

Peace
Peewee
I had the Leo Vince full system on our project 1098 before we put the QD full system on. Both had better mid range than the Termi.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think that the second pic is the QuatD and that they come ceramic coated gloss black from the factory?

they look hot don't they?

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
I think that the second pic is the QuatD and that they come ceramic coated gloss black from the factory?

they look hot don't they?
Yes. The second pic is the QD. We got a batch that was ceramic coated from factory.

We send the pipes out for ceramic coating. The coating reduces the external temps by 200 degrees.

-M

·
Registered
275 Posts
We send the pipes out for ceramic coating. The coating reduces the external temps by 200 degrees.-M
Meaning Jet Hot? And is 200 degrees a real delta or is it mere wishful thinking?

What sort of ECU are you running with the bike?

When you say "Both (Leo V & QD) had better mid range than the Termi", what are you basing that on? Empirical data (meaning dyno) or seat of the pants I think it's pulling harder than when the Termis were on.

Do you have any pics to share of the rear taken squarely on and not off to one side?

Are the QD pipes as large as the 70mm Termis? Obviously talking about the pipes here and not the mufflers or cans.

How is the fitment of the QD full exhaust? I hear the Termis can be a bitch to install and align properly.

Can those insipid QD stickers be removed without damaging the cans?

Must admit I like the looks of that exhaust system Motowheels. Nicely done.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ceramic coating

Yes. The second pic is the QD. We got a batch that was ceramic coated from factory.

We send the pipes out for ceramic coating. The coating reduces the external temps by 200 degrees.

-M
Can I get that done on what I have somewhere? 200 degrees would be a blessing!! My sons girlfriend won't even get ON the back seat when he takes my bike. Just to hot for her! My ass is WELL DONE already!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can I get that done on what I have somewhere? 200 degrees would be a blessing!! My sons girlfriend won't even get ON the back seat when he takes my bike. Just to hot for her! My ass is WELL DONE already!
There is a ceramic coater up here in Canada who does high gloss. Most north american coaters only do flat black from what I understand. Gloss seem more common in Europe.

You should call these folks and see what they can do for you

http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=12

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Meaning Jet Hot? And is 200 degrees a real delta or is it mere wishful thinking?
measured with one of those laser pointer temp gauges.
It is still hot but you can touch it with your hands while running with out blistering right away.

What sort of ECU are you running with the bike?
protune

When you say "Both (Leo V & QD) had better mid range than the Termi", what are you basing that on? Empirical data (meaning dyno) or seat of the pants I think it's pulling harder than when the Termis were on.
Customer feedback, personal experience and dyno numbers

Do you have any pics to share of the rear taken squarely on and not off to one side?
yes

Are the QD pipes as large as the 70mm Termis? Obviously talking about the pipes here and not the mufflers or cans.
No. That is probably why the Termi have less bottom and more top end

How is the fitment of the QD full exhaust? I hear the Termis can be a bitch to install and align properly.
QD is a little easier than Termi but still a challenge on a twin

Can those insipid QD stickers be removed without damaging the cans?
I've already removed mine. They peel right off.

Must admit I like the looks of that exhaust system Motowheels. Nicely done.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,882 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the additional pics and answering all my questions in an honest & candid manner. Anyone who is up front and doesn't try to bullshit me earns my respect and in most cases my business.

Appreciate it Motowheels.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Installed my Akra slip-ons and fender eliminator today. They sound amazing! I would definitely recommend these slip-ons to anybody looking to buy some. The instillation was a bitch in my opinion...but then again this was my first mechanical work ever so i'm sure its easy for anybody else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would take any of them over stock. Pick the one you like the look of/sound of and can afford. They all improve the mid range and unless you are on the track, eeking the last couple of horsepower isn't the most important thing (and if it was you wouldn't be looking at slip-ons).

If it was a choice between the Termis + ECU or the Akra no ECU, I would take the Termis. I have been lucky enough to ride most brands of exhaust on various bikes and the one thing I found true with all of them was that you needed to re-map to get them to talk properly. Of course, that's just my opinion, and is in no way scientific, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

I currently have a Leo Vince Corse full system on my 1198s with a power commander and for the street it is very impressive. Build quality, performance, look and sound are all top notch. I wouldn't recommend Leo slip-ons with out a re-map (been there and done that on the 1098).

Graves and Akra are both excellent (the Graves full system on my R1 was absolutely sensational).

I haven't ridden/played with Arrow or Termis in a few years now, but when I did they were good.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Installed my Akra slip-ons and fender eliminator today. They sound amazing! I would definitely recommend these slip-ons to anybody looking to buy some. The instillation was a bitch in my opinion...but then again this was my first mechanical work ever so i'm sure its easy for anybody else.
Hi there. Those Akra's look very cool. Did you make any adjustments to your fuelling/ECU or just fit em' on and ride? Cheers.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would take any of them over stock. Pick the one you like the look of/sound of and can afford. They all improve the mid range and unless you are on the track, eeking the last couple of horsepower isn't the most important thing (and if it was you wouldn't be looking at slip-ons).

If it was a choice between the Termis + ECU or the Akra no ECU, I would take the Termis. I have been lucky enough to ride most brands of exhaust on various bikes and the one thing I found true with all of them was that you needed to re-map to get them to talk properly. Of course, that's just my opinion, and is in no way scientific, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

I currently have a Leo Vince Corse full system on my 1198s with a power commander and for the street it is very impressive. Build quality, performance, look and sound are all top notch. I wouldn't recommend Leo slip-ons with out a re-map (been there and done that on the 1098).

Graves and Akra are both excellent (the Graves full system on my R1 was absolutely sensational).

I haven't ridden/played with Arrow or Termis in a few years now, but when I did they were good.

Is that the full leo vince titanium. If so any pics you can post of the titanium piping turning blue? Thanks

41 - 60 of 123 Posts