Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike into work this morning and once I parked it I noticed white liquid specs dried all over the left side fairing. It looks like the majority came out of the vent. It doesn't look like oily substance because it dried and wipes right off. It was all over my left boot and just rubbed off. Any ideas? The funny part is that the bike was giving me problems till it warmed up, felt like the engine was working too hard and wouldn’t rev up. Then all of a sudden it worked fine… I am stopping by the dealer on the way home.

·
Registered
79 Posts
T-Revs:
I don't think you need to stop by the dealer. I'm pretty sure that's just grease getting kicked around. The new chain has globs of it and all the new parts are lubed up. As you ride, the chain and any moving parts will kick it up and around. If you look inside your fairing, by the kickstand, you'll probably see a lot more of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am a little nervous because I have just over 600 miles on it and have never seen this before. The wind pattern starts at the left front opening and goes all the way to the back. I did wash it over the weekend...HHMMMmmmm But why is it only out of the left side?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No problem. It's only on the left side cause of the chain. That's where your counter sprocket is too. I think the sprocket cover keeps most of the grease under control, but keep in mind it's not a closed unit so the grease still shoots out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It could also be a small coolant leak. Most coolant will dry sorta white and chalky looking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm almost 100% positive this is not coolant or oil. If your dealer is close to you it cn't hurt to swing by and have them confirm. It looks like regular grease from when they prep the bike/assemble.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Looks like soap/foam from when you washed it that wasn't cleaned out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thoughht it might be from washing it but I have ridden it since...and I don't leave it outside. I'll pull the fairing off when I get home and will get to the bottom of it...

G

·
You know that happens when you get really excited. LOL sorry could not pass that one up.
Today 02:29 AM
have to agree here looks like cum, I came out to find a group of guys wanking over my bike the other day, it seems we own a very hory machine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks a lot like coolent to me. I thought there was a hose up date they were doing before they deliveried them !

·
Registered
458 Posts
T-revs said:
I thoughht it might be from washing it but I have ridden it since...and I don't leave it outside. I'll pull the fairing off when I get home and will get to the bottom of it...
I was asking about the liquid wax because you could of drop the bottle and then a splashing occurred .....?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't know guys. My RC51 used to leak coolant - on a regular basis - and it looked just like that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts