Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep debating on making the switch. Who has? What are your thoughts? Is it worth switching? Pros/cons of the 1199? I have yet to ride one (mostly for fear of buying it on the spot), but I still have a hard time liking the styling. At least, liking it more than my 1198

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The 1199 is totally different from the 1198/1098. A pros/cons type comparison wouldn't be fair.

Riding position, torque, power, and handling are unique.. test driving is highly recommended.

A new bike, or any bike for that matter, has its own specific characteristics - especially Ducatis.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well I haven't owned an 1198. But have two friends that do and I've spent time on both. I have owned a 1098 and just sold my 1199. And I would say it depends on what u want out of the bike.

IMO the 1198 has more character and with the instant torque maybe for just riding around and such. But the 1199 is a faster motorcycle and easier to ride fast. At least at the track. I'm not the fastest guy at a trackday but deffenatly not the slowest either.

I'm only 5'7" tall and the 1199 is much more comfortable. Shorter reach to the bars. It steers much quicker than the older chassis also. It's 1000cc inline 4 fast!

I'm getting older and just got rid of my 1199 for the new monster 1200. But if I were to go back and do the Superbike thing again I would do the 1199 over the 1198. Like both bikes allot but the 1199 checks more boxes than the 1198. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I had an 848 Corse for a few years when I felt the need to upgrade. Naturally I test rode the 1199S. Two different ones actually. The 2nd test ride was over an hour. A wonderful bike for sure.

I bought an 1198S Corse. I spent a bit of 20k, and could have gotten an 1199S for a few grand less....

I don't regret my decision 1 bit.....I will eventually get a Pani....but it was too far different than my 848...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts