Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked my hotel and I'm debating spending the extra $ for the vip pass/food/thing.
Thoughts?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Got the VIP Paddock Pass and upgraded camera for my wife for Christmas. Just didn't want her to worry about food and drinks or parking for the weekend. Still not sure if I can make it to the GP weekend, because I'll be there the very next weekend for RideSmart. :)

Hoping I can pull off back to back COTA weekends, but she already knows if the choice is between watching people ride that track or me riding that track, I'll pick "ride it" everytime!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Got the VIP Paddock Pass and upgraded camera for my wife for Christmas. Just didn't want her to worry about food and drinks or parking for the weekend. Still not sure if I can make it to the GP weekend, because I'll be there the very next weekend for RideSmart. :)

Hoping I can pull off back to back COTA weekends, but she already knows if the choice is between watching people ride that track or me riding that track, I'll pick "ride it" everytime!
Absolutely, I completely agree with that philosophy! :D

Is she going there for the GP weekend regardless of whether you go or not?

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Rub, we need a "sponsor" to help with expenses to the Cota Event!!!....

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Absolutely, I completely agree with that philosophy! :D

Is she going there for the GP weekend regardless of whether you go or not?
Yep! Plane, pass, rental car, and hotel for her are taken care of. So all she has to do was get the time off, which she did. :) There's a few ZARS regulars (couple of our older CRs w/families, and a couple of our older riders) going down, so she won't be totally alone. She's already been given permission to "borrow" one of their kids if it means getting a picture opportunity with a rider and their bike, lol.

I've got my fingers crossed, but I could probably really use the weekend of GP to prep everything for the following weekend...considering I've gotta head up to his place (he lives in the northern side of the TC, I'm 30 min south of the cities) to preload his bike in the trailer so it's all ready to go when we leave that Thursday.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
It'd be funny if she texts you pictures with a bunch of riders and team members, and bikes and stuff like that, one at a time like every hour just to rub it in that you're not there! :D....that's what I would do, but then again, I'm a bit of an ass! :D

Is she not going with you the following week for the track day? If you guys need a "pit crew" I will volunteer. You can pick me up on the way there and all I'll ask in return is that I can borrow your bike for 1 session ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Taking my wife for her first motogp weekend. I'm thinking the vip would make things easy bc of the food and better amenities. This is my first to cota bc I usually go to Indianapolis so i don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ill be there for both. But might take the CBR 1000 instead of the 848. Its a big fast track, I feel like I'd have more fun this time on it. So for MotoGP a bunch of buddies and I will be pulling trailers down and staying right across from Wild Bills Burgers which is right across from the track. Lots of riders eat there fyi. Then for Ridesmart track day we'll be setting up right behind the garages. Cota is a really fun track to ride and such a cool experience. Good friend of mine will be teaching the ARC class. We will e pitted together. In case anyone is taking it in the expert or level 3. Stop by and say hi!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Every time someone says they're going to COTA (especially if it's for a track day), I die a little bit inside because of jealousy! :eek:

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
You know....you certainly accumulated some sympathy points in the Sexy Bike Pics thread....but you kinda losing them right now... :stickpoke

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Big decision. Do I take the s2r again or the 1198
Well, is this for the track day at COTA with Ridesmart, or just for the MotoGP weekend? If you're riding on the track, definitely the 1198, otherwise the monster.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
For MotoGp.

Lol am I have accumulations of first world problems
Take lots of pictures and post them here for us who have to watch it all on TV! :)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
If you still can't decide which bike to take let me know...I can ride the other one in case you realize you should have taken the other one on the way... :naughty:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm flying in and staying at the JW marriott in downtown austin. Anyone else staying there?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts