Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing lots of Diavel's go on the market with less than 10k miles and priced great!

I'm really looking for any stories about not being happy with the Diavel, because I have had the opportunity to put on quite a few miles on them and now I am really considering a used one.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can see myself on one of these as well. I'll be renting one to ride around the Hollywood hills later this week. I have a Streetfighter S 1098 now and it's a great bike but I'm settling down to more relaxed riding. I'm wondering if this is the next logical step for me. I might even get lucky and find someone who wants to do a straight up swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ridden and owned a lot of bikes and the diavel is the most versatile bike I have ever ridden. I have owned rockets and cruisers and harley's and the diavel is the best yet easily. It's not ugly by any means just different. It's as fast a most rockets especially older ones and will keep up with newer ones especially with novice riders, handles awesome and has a more comfortable riding position then majority of bikes including the new xdiavel. I doubt you'll be upset with one especially as an every day bike. I think if you had multiple bikes you would find yourself on the diavel 90% of the time. Plus you'll love the torque!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
People buys Ducati's but, forget the maintenance cost.
Everyone can own a Ducati; maintaining it per the book, that's the burden for most owners.

Reactions: JohnR

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s the problem I have regarding buying a used Ducati. You don’t know if you’re buying a bike the previous owner did not want to pay to maintain, or, are you buying a problem child that the owner no longer wanted to put up with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is something I would like to hear some opinions about too. I'm looking to buy a used Diavel 1260S and, though there aren't that many available (quite new model) there are some.

About the maintenance, around here (Portugal), and quoting my nearest Ducati dealer you'll be spending around 180€ on your 15000km service and around 400€ on the 30000km one. It doesn't seem that much to me coming from a BMW.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts