Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I love to ride motorbikes, especially large displacement motorcycles. My favorite model is the Ducati. I really want to own a Ducati, but very difficult, because the price of the ducati is quite high? Don't know why the ducati is so expensive? Hope everyone let me know?
Thanks everyone.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Supply / demand has a little but the fact is Ducati doesn't produce near as many bike as the other manufactures so they build less, sale less, charge more. Branding has a lot to do with how things are priced as well, it's not just Ducati / Motorcycles.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
I always thought my 2008 1098R was a bargain!! I traded in a 998LE which made the deal even sweeter!! Titanium valves, ti rods, 2 complete exhaust systems and ecus, carbon fiber parts, dual feed injectors, adjustible rake triples, Ohlins front and back, dtc, forged wheels, 175rwhp, dry slipper clutch!! etc.etc. never had a better race bike!! 😎

Reactions: Demmel

·
Registered
20,364 Posts
Hello everyone,
I love to ride motorbikes, especially large displacement motorcycles. My favorite model is the Ducati. I really want to own a Ducati, but very difficult, because the price of the ducati is quite high? Don't know why the ducati is so expensive? Hope everyone let me know?
Thanks everyone.
Seriously?

·
Registered
297 Posts

Reactions: 219R and Shrek

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Btw,
I raced the 1098R for 4/5 years without a motor failure, ...many over revs, and stupid downshifts... not to mention it was crashed 5 different times, once @ 150mph,.... i did replace the OEM transmission with Nova close ratio gear set and Ducati Corse roller shift forks and drum... BIG improvement!!
Took a lickin and kept on tickin....😎

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
Thanks everyone.
Ducati = Motorcycle & etc brand not model.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Yup remember the rc30, 45, and the rc213v. And that bike came with less then a hundred horses without the race kit for close 200 gs.
Very true, I guess maintenance would be the only real difference in cost?

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
908 Posts
Very true, I guess maintenance would be the only real difference in cost?
Tchase, I have 2 Ducati's as street bikes, 848evo, Hypermotard sp & 2 Honda track bikes, cbr600f2, cbr600rr. other the cambelt replacement on the 2 ducs I can't see any deference in maintenance costs, and have found small misc. Honda parts to cost more then comparable Ducati parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My personnel favorite Ducati Scrambler. Scrambler which was rode by Tom Hardy in venom. Wearing his favorite old grunge hoodie & rode like a superstar. Anyways, Ducati has established itself as a premium brand, and people are willing to pay extra for that. For the company to maintain the premium quality standard, they must use expensive equipment to build their motorcycles. Each Ducati is made in relatively limited production. That is my point of view.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Premium Components are a major portion of the cost. Every time I have bought a Japanese bike and upgrade to the premium components, it cost the same or more. I figured why waste time and money, just get what I want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts