Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some people need to learn the hard way sometimes. My brother just got a new dirt bike over the weekend (Suzuki RMZ-250) and we took it out for a spin. Had just come back from down a long trail and decided to go check out a new one i had not been down. Get to the corner which is a sharp berm with pretty much all river stones (big flat, round rocks) and took a spill.

Was in 1st gear maybe going 5mph when i went down and all i did was bend the brake lever a little, not a scratch anywhere else (on the bike).

Walked away with a nice rash on my shoulder (no pic yet) and scraped my hand and forearm up. I was lucky to walk away with minor scrapes and bruises, had this been on pavement in the street would have been a trip to the hospital i bet.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I do. The brother who owns the bike had a cbr a while back and hit a big ass rock in the middle of a sweeping turn in the city, front end went out, bike was totaled and he was allll rashed up. Luckily I was able to make it to the scene and knew local cops so they let me take his sorry ass to the hospital and avoid fines and the ambulance trip. I think I still have a cell phone video of us laughing at him while the doctor was scraping his wounds clean, I need to find that.....

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
The worst thing in the word is getting your freshly removed skin abraded clean by a nurse in the emergency room. You don't know pain till then....
I don't know I think a long Qtip up the dick is pretty painful...

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I'm so use to burning my skin off from all the dirt bike crashes I've had, the nurses at urgent care remember me every time I go in. Last two times I went in for broken bones, it took them more then an hour to clean my other wounds first. Broken bones, ribs, missing skin, heck even huge gashes into the muscle, thats all nothing compared to post surgery pain. I didn't even know your body was capable of processing that much pain. Once the block wore off on my hand surgery, I fell to the ground and curled up into a little ball, pulsing with each beat of my heart. I literally thought I was going to die. Since then, nothing I've come across… not a broken wrist, collar bone or roadrash has even registered on the scale compared to post op.

So yea, if ya get hurt, make sure you don't need surgery! LOL :D

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I don't know I think a long Qtip up the dick is pretty painful...
My first instinct tells me I should laugh at this because you thought up a funny way of correcting/contradicting his statement...but my 2nd thought is that this might've happened to you, in which case I'm cringing while trying to imagine the amount of pain. :confused:

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
My first instinct tells me I should laugh at this because you thought up a funny way of correcting/contradicting his statement...but my 2nd thought is that this might've happened to you, in which case I'm cringing while trying to imagine the amount of pain. :confused:
Lesson learned...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm so use to burning my skin off from all the dirt bike crashes I've had, the nurses at urgent care remember me every time I go in. Last two times I went in for broken bones, it took them more then an hour to clean my other wounds first. Broken bones, ribs, missing skin, heck even huge gashes into the muscle, thats all nothing compared to post surgery pain. I didn't even know your body was capable of processing that much pain. Once the block wore off on my hand surgery, I fell to the ground and curled up into a little ball, pulsing with each beat of my heart. I literally thought I was going to die. Since then, nothing I've come across… not a broken wrist, collar bone or roadrash has even registered on the scale compared to post op.

I have to agree with that. After I woke up from having my collar bone plated I had about 10 minutes of the worst pain I have ever felt before I got more pain killers. Including broken ribs

·
Registered
82 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen! I thought the broken bones put me at an 8 or 9 on the pain scale .... Then I had the surgery to fix my wrist. Some plates, pins, screws, and even some cadaver bone .... About 8 hrs later the nerve block wore off and I thought I was gonna go insane from the pain!!! My pain scale now has a new "10" reference, and a broken bone ain't even close! I ended up back in the ER for some IV pain meds for 2 days 'cause the pain nearly put me in shock!!!

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
My pain scale now has a new "10" reference, and a broken bone ain't even close! I ended up back in the ER for some IV pain meds for 2 days 'cause the pain nearly put me in shock!!!
Exactly! I broke my wrist and collarbone after the surgery on my hand and I didn't even flinch. Heck, the two bones in my shoulder were rubbing against each other all the time and it didn't bother me at all. Once you've felt the worst pain a male can feel (birth I was told is worse) everything else is like a holiday! Yea, it may be uncomfortable until it heals, but at least you're able to sleep and aren't in agony.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, I do. The brother who owns the bike had a cbr a while back and hit a big ass rock in the middle of a sweeping turn in the city, front end went out, bike was totaled and he was allll rashed up. Luckily I was able to make it to the scene and knew local cops so they let me take his sorry ass to the hospital and avoid fines and the ambulance trip. I think I still have a cell phone video of us laughing at him while the doctor was scraping his wounds clean, I need to find that.....
fines for crashing when it's not your fault, hurt and bike smashed up plus fines....that would be salt into the wounds so to speak, pretty harsh place over there ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fines for crashing when it's not your fault, hurt and bike smashed up plus fines....that would be salt into the wounds so to speak, pretty harsh place over there ?
Well he didnt even have the bike registered at the time OR a license/permit so ya he would have had some fines coming, lol. Luckily it was a crappy used bike and not a brand new duc!

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Any chance for revenue they will stick it to you I'm afraid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Quick question on the boots. They fit well in the foot area but the top where the shin guard is has a TON of room around my calf/shin. I am guessing this is on purpose so you can fit your pants/leathers inside the boot but it still seems like too much room. Do racing leathers have full shin guards that take up all that extra space in the top of the boot? That is the only thing I can think of why they were designed this way...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Quick question on the boots. They fit well in the foot area but the top where the shin guard is has a TON of room around my calf/shin. I am guessing this is on purpose so you can fit your pants/leathers inside the boot but it still seems like too much room. Do racing leathers have full shin guards that take up all that extra space in the top of the boot? That is the only thing I can think of why they were designed this way...
Mine fit the same way. When I have my leathers on, they take up some of the space, but not all.

They will be fine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it is cranked all the way down and still has tons of room up top. Fits perfect around the foot and ankle area its just way up top where there is too much room.

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Have you tried with your leathers on? Its possible the boot is defect I had a size 9 labeled as 10 (was in ero). One ride in them I almost died!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts