Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question, feel free to discuss.

Termi could have done a competition with Akra and others by having different options for their exhaust systems. Instead, they just wanted to do the regular SS headers, with crappy welds.

Now, recently, they started to come out with the new forward-exit system for the Panigale. And from what I've been doing some research, owners are able to order Titanium headers for their bikes via direct from Termi (Termi Corse or something like that) for about 4,500UK (this is for the Pani) you could also order the header for any model.

So my question is: did Termi just finally wake up after Ducati dumped them for Akrapovic? A little too late into the game, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
From what I was told, Termi stopped making racing exhausts in-house years ago. The corse racing exhausts were subbed out to other manufacturers and Termi would re-brand them. I have a feeling, the same thing is going on right now. They looked around for something they could re-brand, found it and now are selling it to the public. Just a guess… but they're focused more on street-legal production exhausts, rather then low-selling racing ones.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah...

But they could have done like Akra, couldn't they? Full system for $4k, instead of $6K for just the titanium Termi. I mean, how much different is the Titanium grade?

·
Registered
438 Posts
A guy named Ahmed, serves in the Army, has his R fitted with the full titanium Termi...I gotta admit that looks good as hell.

Damn they do look nice. but 2k more then the Akra system seems a little steep

Man I was complaining to myself over the 3k price tag of my Akra's in Aug for my 1198

I wasn't to excited to put a german made exhaust on my italian superbike. But I wasn't going to pay the same 3k for shit welds.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
Damn they do look nice. but 2k more then the Akra system seems a little steep

Man I was complaining to myself over the 3k price tag of my Akra's in Aug for my 1198

I wasn't to excited to put a german made exhaust on my italian superbike. But I wasn't going to pay the same 3k for shit welds.

Isn't akrapovic from Slovenia ? ok posted before I read the other posts, guess we're redundant

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yep, Slovenian made...I was really surprised when I found that out a few years ago (before I bought mine and I had just heard of that brand). I was skeptical at first because, no offense to anyone, but Slovenia is a shit hole, and pretty much everything in that country is garbage...except for evidently the stuff that comes out of the Akrapovic facility. The thing that bothers me about them is that nobody here in the US seems to be able to pronounce their name correctly. Most people butcher the hell out of it, or they just give up and say "Akras" lol. Aside from myself, I must've met maybe 1 or 2 other people who can say it right...maybe it's because I was born in that neck of the woods :D

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
FYI...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am guilty of the miss-pronunciation of said word more then once. But first I paid out of pocket(where else would I have paid from.. don't answer that) But now I have to pronounce it correctly.
You guys are taking all the fun out of this.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
For the geographically challenged, Slovenia shares a border with Italy, so you can walk between the two.

Many Italian-based industries take advantage of their cheaper labour costs and manufacture there.

I believe the Ducati Performance and factory race carbon parts have been made there for decades, so quality shouldn't be an issue.

A bit like US manufacturers producing stuff in Mexico. It's all to do with keeping an eye on quality control..

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
For the geographically challenged, Slovenia shares a border with Italy, so you can walk between the two.

Many Italian-based industries take advantage of their cheaper labour costs and manufacture there.

I believe the Ducati Performance and factory race carbon parts have been made there for decades, so quality shouldn't be an issue.

A bit like US manufacturers producing stuff in Mexico. It's all to do with keeping an eye on quality control..
Quite correct Pat it's on the Eastern side of Trieste and quite a beautiful country .Some more brands made in the shit hole http://www.investslovenia.org/info/...r-june-2010/the-hidden-champions-of-slovenia/

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Reactions: Aussie_Bob
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.