Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after some help to find out if the 848 09 model if it's a bike that will lift on one naturally or will it need work to do so with out tho good old clucth

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ummm, do you mean can it wheelie without the use of the clutch? If so, yes.

d

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer lol i worded that wrong from your riding postion and with your bike how dose it work for you ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just open the throttle and cover the rear brake.

d

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Just run her smoothly up to 6k rpms and then stab it. I'm 230lbs and no problem pointing the front end to the sky!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now if i wanted to make it easier could i go less teeth on the rear sprocket ? would it be a good thing or bad rhing ?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Now if i wanted to make it easier could i go less teeth on the rear sprocket ? would it be a good thing or bad rhing ?
More on the rear, not less, should make it easier to wheelie. Less on the front would do it too. I wouldn't mess with it; you're going to have to shift sooner if you make those kind of mods.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
You do know that wheelies are something you want to avoid when you're trying to be fast, right? But if all you care about is showing off for a bunch of squids, then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not keen on lifting it to the sky but just wanted to know if it can be done on it cause when i rode it , it didnt seem to wanna do it ,all it wanted to do was stick to the road and turn but thank you for the responsen

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Duke;

See previous coupla posts.

Dropping the countershaft sprocket to 14T will: Lower fuel milage, increase chain & sprocket wear, and make it easier to wheelie. The bike will wheelie anyway, don't worry about it.

900F

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been riding for more that 15 years, and never saw the point on learning how to wheelie and i will never will. Just try to be smother and faster.
My 0,2 cents.

·
Registered
938 Posts
my sprockets are stock .wheelies are cool buy sadly I do not know how to wheelie but I did this by accident around 2-3 times so I am sure that if you know how to wheelie, you will have no hard time doing it with the 848.

Just make sure you know how to land after a wheelie:yo:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Do any of you anti-wheelie guru's actually watch racing? By the way the point of a Ducati isn't handling. The point of a Ducati is to win races. Real races, and then that gets filtered down to the general public packaged in a very sexy set of fairings. That being said stop criticizing a guy for trying to understand how his freakin bike works. It's not like he was trying to enter into a stunt competition!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts