Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this is a direct swap onto the Ducati 848 Evo 2013, i've read conflicting ideas, one saying it will fit, the other saying it will only fit 1198 because of a different "race" linkage.

Any one have a definitive answer?

Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Yes it will fit. Yes it's a HUGE improvement over the stock rear shock. The 848/1098/1198 all have the same rear linkage. The R models are a bit different, but you'll be fine with that shock.

I strongly recommend an adjustable ride height rod installed at the same time as this shock. This will allow you to alter swingarm angle to where it should be....the adjustable ride height rod is normally about $100 to $130 US dollars.

Keep researching this. The Ohlins will work wonderfully with the adjustable ride height rod set correctly. 235-240mm is what you should shoot for on swingarm angle.

Just tossing in the shock will feel better, but using the correct swingarm angle will BE better, not just feel a bit better.

Good luck, that's a bad ass shock!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Otherwise, I can just get the standard ohlins non TTX (the one that comes with the 1198 stock) for about $200-300 cheaper. I don't know if its justified in the extra $$$

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not racing, track days only, and decent street use (should I say, spirited is the word)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well...as an update, the one on eBay sold a little higher than I was intending, and the TTX auction finished with no bids, managed to find the seller off eBay and picked up the TTX for $900 AU posted (700ish USD).

$200 more seemed worth it even though I will never use the full potential I couldn't pass on the bargain. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
$200 more seemed worth it even though I will never use the full potential I couldn't pass on the bargain. :)
You will notice a big difference whether you ride street or track days. It'll be well worth it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.