Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have the winter blues. Temps were single digits here in Michigan and I am missing the riding season. Luckily I look at the bike everyday in my dining room, but I just want to ride so bad. I figured I'd throw up a picture of when I first bought it.

I have a motodynamics fender eliminator coming and thinking about to the taillight also. I need to find decent signals for the front to kind of clean it up some. So I am open to suggestions on those. Nothing expensive though. I am also still trying to come up with a name for her too, I never named my triumph but the Ducati is a special bike.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks nice enough to ride in your photo; take her out for a spin....................

PS: I know, I am just pulling your leg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice enough to ride in your photo; take her out for a spin....................

PS: I know, I am just pulling your leg.

Oo I wish I could. I rode on Christmas Day and that's awesome for Michigan. I finally put the bike back in the house last week. In just waiting for the weather to break and hit 40's. As long as the sun is shinning it won't be too bad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was 79 F Christmas Eve and we had just put up the bikes for the winter less than a week before thinking colder temps were on their way. Very tempted to break them out but we didn't. Now it is cold and we cannot wait for the weather to warm back up and to hit the roads again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Forecast is looking pretty solid down here. Hopefully the snow will melt off and the roads will dry enough to get some good riding in on Sunday.. Only thing better would be some rain tomorrow or Friday to clean up the salt....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Forecast is looking pretty solid down here. Hopefully the snow will melt off and the roads will dry enough to get some good riding in on Sunday.. Only thing better would be some rain tomorrow or Friday to clean up the salt....

Our weekend forecast here in lovely Dayton, OH is 50 degrees or warmer. That will work, like you I need some rain to wash away the salt. Rain is in the forecast for today. For once I hope the weather geeks are right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our weekend forecast here in lovely Dayton, OH is 50 degrees or warmer. That will work, like you I need some rain to wash away the salt. Rain is in the forecast for today. For once I hope the weather geeks are right.

How are you a few hours south of me and it's 50's? We are still have cold winter weather. I won't complain about how nice it's been but I need to get out on a bike.
Text Font Screenshot

·
Registered
213 Posts
:highclap: Finally!I took the Bonnie on a 70 mile run today. I will take weather like this in January anytime. Here are some pictures of today's run. As you can see a lot of like minded individuals on motorbikes. The EVO is scheduled for a run tomorrow. The temps are suppose to be warmer.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
:)Yesterday was the Bonnie's turn today is the EVO's or as my RAT Pal Drew Faulkner likes to say the Italian super model. The temp today seemed a little cooler because of the clouds but anytime I can get a ride in January I'm a happy camper. Only a 55 mile ride which I cut short do to damp roads and a fine mist in the air. The roads during both rides were in good shape. There was very little grime do to the lack of snow in our area. My new AGV-helmet felt great and even not wearing my ear plugs had very minimal wind noise. Getting it fastened is another story. I'm sure after a few more uses I'll figure it out. Here are some pics of today's run.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the weather here in Michigan finally cooperated with me and everything seemed to line up good for my day off. I took the monster in for its first service and while I was there waiting I decided to take a couple bikes out for some test rides. I took out a new 959 and I'll tell you that is one smooth bike. Unfortunately I can't ride a bike like that for very long before my back starts to hurt. I put about 50 miles on it and it was fun. I love the quick shifter on it. The next bike was a Diavel Carbon. I was going to ride the new XDiavel but wasn't a fan of forward controls. I gotta say if I had the money and wanted to get rid of my monster id buy a Diavel in a heart beat. Put about 50 miles on it and I didn't want to get off. Power all over the rpms. Not to mention the Termi's on the bike sound amazing. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time. Anyways enough of my ramblings, all in all I put about 200 miles on my bike and a total of 300 miles today. Here a few pics of mine and the bikes I test rode today.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Rim Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing

Vehicle Headlamp Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Rim Car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.