Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rain is here and its getting cold time to start my projects.

First one up is for the street bike Core racing harness for DTC and QS along with a Forsaken link. Lots of cleaning while I got things opened up.

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike doesn't need much this off-season. The Formula Ford is another story... Not sure why the pic uploads at 90 degrees off, though
Now that is a project, funny the pic is not off on the Iphone but is on the PC :)

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you think of the link?
What I like about it..

It is a beautiful machined part and no matte what type of set up I go with I don't have to modify the shock.

As for function I"m the worst at judging the bikes feedback :(

Really for the street bike it's just bling....

But for the track bike I was told it was much needed and well at the track I'm not the slowest...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Curious what you are running for ride height with the Forsaken link? I'm running 242.5mm but I think that's too much with the 200 series slicks. I think 240mm is probably right (obviously spring rate / sag have to be right first).

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Curious what you are running for ride height with the Forsaken link? I'm running 242.5mm but I think that's too much with the 200 series slicks. I think 240mm is probably right (obviously spring rate / sag have to be right first).
If you show me how to measure I can tell you what the track bike is set at. As for the street once I get it put together I will have the sag set at the shop because I'm technically challenged....

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Link installed, clean, clean, clean... got the new Spiegler lines installed brakes and clutch. Slow and steady...

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also got new spark plugs installed, BMC air filter cleaned, still need to clean the air box and other crap. After getting the rear caliper removed and cleaned I pulled the rear brake line to replace. Side benefit to winter tear down is finding shit that needs fixing..

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Time for an update, it hasn’t taken all winter I just don’t have a lot of free time 😐

The street bike almost complete. Corse upgrade; Traction Control & Quick Shift. Installed new harness, ecu, front speed sensor, rear gyro/accelerometer. Had to buy a special bracket to mount the rear sensor and install a dynojet pressure sensor other than that it’s a stock upgrade. Installed a foresaken rear link, installed spiegler brake and clutch lines, and deleted the rear brake reservoir. Removed the stock overflow and replaced with #motionpro Spark plugs, renewed the bmc air filter. Shake down run next.

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Starting with the tail.. the one piece tail is the only way too go!

Had to cut the hole open for the exhaust hangars. The seat is 1/4 turns then it hard mounts with the gas tank bolt and the aft two rear existing attach points for the normal fairing. You don’t use the two forward attach points. I did need to open up the gas tank hole in the fairing to help line up.
The forward sides is all one piece the had hole locations for the two bolts on each side so I had to drill those. Everything lined up better than stock imho.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts