Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is snowing today in NW montana, so a good day to do another ducati project...install the COX racing radiator and oil guards. I would like to give mention to Visitor Q who did a nice photo essay at the top of this forum which made this an easy work.

The radiator guard forms perfectly around the duc radiator:

the hardest part of the install is cinching up the zip-tie next to the blasted horn:

the triple tree barely compresses the rad guard at full steering lock...It doesn't seem to press on the radiator and I couldn't nail down the zip-ties any tighter.

the oil cooler guard:

Since I had the panels off, I took a couple of pictures of HID install from last summer. These are the "large" ballasts...

right side:

left side:

wire loom cover over ballast cables:

Ducati on battery tender begging for sun:

full size pictures: http://gallery.ducatispot.com/mwlhrh/page3/

I did not install the chain guard yet...will place when have courage to tackle a slave unit.

rob

·
Registered
944 Posts
looking good. by the way, wash the truck :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I know...but with snow combined with 1.5 miles of gravel driveway, the next wash may come in late may or early june. That's Montana for yah!

rob

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
yeah, I know...but with snow combined with 1.5 miles of gravel driveway, the next wash may come in late may or early june. That's Montana for yah!

rob
LOL, someone else who has a couple miles of gravel to contend with before the duc hits pavement. Do you drive it on the gravel or truck it to the asphalt?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive it on the duc...my actual driveway drops 300 feet in 0.5 miles, so it is a good wakeup

rob

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Looking Good! =]

Jason

·
Registered
129 Posts
that's the same location i put my ballasts for my HID's. does anyone find the bulbs go from bright white to yellow after they've been on for a while? if so does that go away after using the bulbs for a bit?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not seen that with my HIDs. How many minutes are the lights on before you notice this?

By the way, Visitor Q, thanks again.

rob

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Haven't noticed it with mine either. What "K" bulbs are you using?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Some people who take prescription meds for erectile dysfunction see colors with a slightly different hue. Or so I read somewhere...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have not seen that with my HIDs. How many minutes are the lights on before you notice this?

By the way, Visitor Q, thanks again.

rob
5k bulbs. i don't know how long the bulbs are on before they change color. kinda odd in my opinion. i may try the other ballast and see what happens. maybe it's not pushing enough power through for some reason

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Until you go blind...

Some people who take prescription meds for erectile dysfunction see colors with a slightly different hue. Or so I read somewhere...
Apparently, from what I've read, you can start to see things with a blue tint. You aren't manifesting these symptoms, are you Squid?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts