Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a warm to fair weather rider but since I am in Ohio now I would like to extend my riding season as much as possible into the winter. If you are doing the same, What gear did you use, what works or doesn't and at what temperature.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Heated gloves and grips? Ok that's to cold even for me to ride!

I ride year round have been since I was 16.
Got to tell ya heated grips Rick not just winter but think of those early spring or late fall rides when there is a slight chill those heated grips rock.
As to gloves. I actually use Warn&Safe the glove liners and a heated jacket liner that allows me to wear a lighter jacket in winter.
It rocks!!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
To revive this thread as I'm in the market for some base/mid/warm riding gear that will keep me warm below 50 degrees until it starts to snow (essentially trying to extend the riding reason). The goal is to not buy additional gear but to make existing pieces warm without spending a ton of money. As great of a trick as it is, stuffing newspaper isn't my ideal solution.

I have a 1 piece perforated Dainese suit that I would want to make usable. My thoughts were to get a 2 piece base layer undersuit, Rukka, Dainese, or Under Armor/Nike. Too many options so asking for suggestions from experience. Would be able to use for my textile jacket and pants as well.

Gloves, Dainese makes a glove you can put underneath. Not sure how much warmer it would be. Don't want heated gear nor grips unless absolutely have to.

Helmet, any balaclava(not the desert) should do?

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
To revive this thread as I'm in the market for some base/mid/warm riding gear that will keep me warm below 50 degrees until it starts to snow (essentially trying to extend the riding reason). The goal is to not buy additional gear but to make existing pieces warm without spending a ton of money. As great of a trick as it is, stuffing newspaper isn't my ideal solution.

I have a 1 piece perforated Dainese suit that I would want to make usable. My thoughts were to get a 2 piece base layer undersuit, Rukka, Dainese, or Under Armor/Nike. Too many options so asking for suggestions from experience. Would be able to use for my textile jacket and pants as well.

Gloves, Dainese makes a glove you can put underneath. Not sure how much warmer it would be. Don't want heated gear nor grips unless absolutely have to.

Helmet, any balaclava(not the desert) should do?
I use my Aplinestar perf leathers in the winter, I just wear thermal under wear, maybe it's just me but I'm fine on my entire body expect my hands but even then I can do 45F with no problem when it drops below that I wear my thermals and use my heated gloves.

·
Registered
184 Posts
may sound silly but since living in korea(where i first saw it) i use the muffs that go over the handle bars and you slide your hands into them, i mean people already think I'm crazy riding in 20F weather. i use my summer gloves (dianese mig)never needed heated anything. i commute year round unless its snowing, though once when it was snowing. get them on amazon for less than $20. like chase i use leathers with layers. about to order some high end Rukka gloves gonna see if i can get by all winter without the muffs but $18 vs. $250 you can't beat it as far as a cheap option.

http://www.amazon.com/SuperBike-Motorcycle-Handle-Gloves-Warmer/dp/B00HH8NL9A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448044498&sr=8-2&keywords=motorcycle+muffs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.