Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With time to kill, post your hobbies here

I've decided to get back on painting..since currently I am on 7 different types of medications for my conditions after Iraq.

Since painting, music, riding, and exercising to keep my broken body in shape after the meds wear off, these activities have helped my PTSD tremendously..

Anyway, started out with arts class back in 2010..so it's been a while..

My first project is now mounted on the wall just to remind me of my hobbies/passions.

Decided to redo my Predator painting again after I've lost it at school...this time merged with the SL Panigale..crossing fingers***hopefully it'd come out ok after so many years.

Feel free to post your hobbies: i.e: what you built, made, drawn, welded, carved, shot...I'd like to see what you guys do while you're being snowed in or bike was in maintenance in the mean time.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
that's a lot of Rossi hats!

Reactions: Donger

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice work! Good to see other vets being productive in the midst of their battles, keep it up!

Reactions: davil and Donger

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work! Good to see other vets being productive in the midst of their battles, keep it up!
Thank you,

I'd rather trying to improve myself.

Too many of my Brothers ended their lives back home and it's hard to hear the news like such. My motivation is "I do it for my Brothers who never came back."

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As posted, please feel free to share your hobbies, projects, stuff you made. This could also lead to my potential new projects inspired by you guys

Cheers to all..

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
As posted, please feel free to share your hobbies, projects, stuff you made. This could also lead to my potential new projects inspired by you guys

Cheers to all..

I play soccer, it's my main sport. Unfortunately motorcycling comes second on the list. Other than this, going to the gym to improve cardio and to get stronger for both of the sports. Eventually I plan on getting into Golf and or Tennis. Perhaps picking up an instrument and creating music would fulfill my creative need.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^I also do muay thai and weight training to kill time...a disabled vet who doesn't look disabled..lol until the medications wears off..

·
Registered
438 Posts
After ammo prices went though the roof. I figured if I am going to pay top dollar I am going to make sure I get top dollar. so I started making my own. fairly easy but can get tedious when resizing old shells.

It cost me 41 cents to make a 23.5 grn, 223 with a 77grn sierra MK. comes out of a 1:7 twist at just under 3000fps.
so @ 300-400 yards it still packs a punch. unlike the store bought 55grns that will stop short at that distance.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can't draw for shit even my penmanship sucks ass. shit I can't even spell on a computer with spell correct. lol

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hey there Donger...
Good to see that you made it home, and I thank you for your service.
You mentioned music.. Are you a practicing musician? Or is just the love for the music?

I draw a little, not as much as I used to.. And play guitar when my butt is not on my bike..

Like the hats as well..

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey there Donger...
Good to see that you made it home, and I thank you for your service.
You mentioned music.. Are you a practicing musician? Or is just the love for the music?

I draw a little, not as much as I used to.. And play guitar when my butt is not on my bike..

Like the hats as well..
Oh no, lol I can sing here and there, but I can't play a guitar for the worth of it...plus having a non-fuctional left thumb doesn't help the cause either. Something with Asians and singing lol..however, if you gave me a drum, I might be able to mimic the beat of certain songs...lol..not megadeth though, I can do some Metallica

I can't draw for shit even my penmanship sucks ass. shit I can't even spell on a computer with spell correct. lol
Oh I can't freehand either...I use a pocket projector and adjust the scales to my likes and mix the colors in from there...

By the way, I've found a place in the DFW where they do Gun Trust for much cheaper. They are a reputable shop and the owner is an attorney. So I will hop on that suppressor real soon. And my friend will do the reload for my sig716 :D

'Murica!

Anyway, almost finish with this painting, it's a relaxing feeling painting and listening to music..(even thought my dogs did not like my singing lmao)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Looks good! Very cool and unique!

Reactions: Donger and davil

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Great work Donger! I was going to ask you about your Predator painting in your first post. I couldn't quite make it out in the earlier stage. Finished work looks fantastic. I love how you meshed the two images. I enjoy art that must be studied closely, it so interesting when you examine it and see so much more that just casually looking at it.

Stay strong and may the force be with you...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^I will look up youtube on how to paint without the lay-over strokes..gotta relearn everything

·
Registered
186 Posts
From a fellow artist... buddy thats awesome.Keep it up mate. I recently did some pro bono works that were sent to the Chris Kyle auction to support your veterans. Yeah im an Aussie but a proud supporter of all you guys world wide.....
If you want to check them out i think its page 7 of my webstore - Madbonesart.com
Keep it up mate...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts