Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just picked up my bike a month ago used 10 1098 has around 18000 km's on it. some days it runs beautiful and others where it just wont idle i could be in neutral at a red light and it will just die on me. trying to warm it up some days and it'll just die on me. each time it starts back up without a problem. i thought it was the gasoline at first but it continues to happen.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Competent technician with a proper set up. Or get a Vacuum gage and an A/F meter and I'll talk you through setting it up.
It would be helpful if we knew where you were. You might be right around the corner then I'd offer my stuff.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry Southern California. A competant tech should be able to set you up, or as I say with a few tools you could do it your self.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just to be clear I've only owned 2 Ducs, 999 and the 1098. They both idled flawlessly. I do believe though that there's anecdotal evidence that "most" idle issues are due to improper set up. so that being said that's what I would go after first.
So yes CO, A/F. 18000 Kms isn't that near a service interval?

·
Registered
19,179 Posts
hey guys just picked up my bike a month ago used 10 1098 has around 18000 km's on it. some days it runs beautiful and others where it just wont idle i could be in neutral at a red light and it will just die on me. trying to warm it up some days and it'll just die on me. each time it starts back up without a problem. i thought it was the gasoline at first but it continues to happen.

any suggestions?
sounds like the old stall issue everyone had problems with! easiest fix full termi and ecu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts