Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 years off (longest break from bikes since i was 10, lol) I am finally back on two. I sold my last Ducati 999 and bought a 1955 Chevy truck which i have been working on for the last 3 years, that finally sold this week and i just picked up a 2009 Ducati 1198 with only 950 miles, all stock, pretty good condition. Already started a small shopping list and to do list, lol.

out with the old:

in with the new (to me... well might as well be new, lol):

finally bumble bee gets to move back in the garage and gets a sexy itallian girlfriend, lol

Hope to see some of you guys on the road soon

:ride:ride:ride:ride

now who's got some 1198 parts, LOL

This is my second ducati that i have owned, the first being my 05 999, before that i have owned:
1994 ZX9, 2005 R1, 2006 CBR 1000rr, 2004 'busa limited edition, 2006 'busa and a ton of dirt/enduro bikes.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Congratulations!....even though I would have kept the '55, I love those things!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations!....even though I would have kept the '55, I love those things!
LOL, thanks, the truck was built to be a flip anyway. I usually build things I like so if they take a while to sell i dont get mad seeing them in my garage, this one took a lot longer to build than i planned but sold quick. Definitely worth it, i am soooooo happy to be back on a bike again, that was way too long

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
That is a beautiful Truck, but then the Camaro's not bad either. Enjoy the 1198.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Beautiful truck and bike. It's so sad that people buy these bikes to only let them sit and collect dust. What a find with such low miles. Enjoy her!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!!! His loss my gain, I love this bike, just takes a bit to get the feel over the jap liter bikes that I have been rising for the last 15 years. I have a feeling I will be keeping this one a while, my last (and first) ducati I only had about 6 months before I got a great offer on it and sold it for double what I paid, lol. This one will be around a while, I have already started ordering a few lil things to get it set the way I want, still trying to figure out what I want to do about exhaust. Anyone know of a good place to pick up a full system ecu if I grab a used full system?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anyone know of a good place to pick up a full system ecu if I grab a used full system?
You can sometimes find them in the for sale section on the forum. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Gotham Cycles has them. Motowheels might, Houstonsuperbikes might. Google is your friend. And if all else fails, fleabay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts