Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - after many years not riding I recently got back into things, and after getting my 2000 R6 back up and running and out for a few track days I decided I needed a dedicated track bike and ended up with a 98 748. For my R6 I have a woodcraft front stand that is super easy to use, only problem is that it relies on the bike having a hole to lift by & and their are a variety of pins available for it, but the 748 lacks said hole. The general results on searching the web seem to be to use a pitt bull stand, but I imagine an adapter that cradles the lower tripple clamp rather than using a pin seems like a fairly sane idea - is anyone aware of an adapter like that, or should I just live with buying another front stand?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I've been told an MV Agusta stand may work on those lower triples without the large hole.

Depending on how the Pitbull stand works an adapter may or may not work. Not sure.

Another possible is to buy an aftermarket lower triple and stem with the large hole in it. ie machined instead of the cast OEM one. But that may be similar in price to an appropriate stand for what you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts