Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to all of you guys with Woodcraft rear sets on their 1X98 / 848 bikes.There are two sets of mounting holes (within 3/4" range) in each foot peg bracket,so one can adjust these brackets lower or higher off the ground. Somehow I can't make it work in lower position because gear shift lever is touching the bodywork.It clears the bodywork in higher position without any problems.
Bike has OEM bodywork if that makes any difference.Is there a trick to make it work?
It would be nice to have foot pegs in stock position,since I don't have need for more ground clearance. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I've had 3 Ducati 848/1198's all with Woodcraft rearsets. All were in the higher position. Yes it will touch the stock OEM bodywork in the lower position. I've had all mine mounted in the upper position. You'll get used to it on the first ride, no sweat. It's better that way anyway...I can get my ass off the seat better. I've tried other brand aftermarket rearsets and I keep coming back to Woodcraft.

I had a crash in my last race of the season and the break away peg on the Woodcrafts saved a lot of damage in my opinion.

Good luck, you won't notice the added height after your first ride :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! I'm grateful for your fast response,now I can lock-tight everything. I'm sure I won't notice 3/4'" of additional height. It was more in my head that I will make my bike uncomfortable for street riding.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
And just to add, I called Woodcraft to get a replacement peg for the race bike...it arrived at my house 2 days later. I don't 'need' it until April for the next race, but it's awesome to know parts are available, and available immediately. Love these rearsets! So much so that I bought their engine case cover for both my 848 and my 1198.....and their clipons too, I bent the stock one in the crash...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can not agree more,Woodcraft and their parts availability can't be beat. I like no nonsense design and purpose-built look as well. And parts are relatively inexpensive compared to Sato,for example.
Hey Nick, I will play with shift rod adjustment just to make the shifter angle more to my liking.
Thanks for the help,Gents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts