Ducati.org forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Hi. I have full workshop manual. Files to large to email. Pm me.
Chris.. Talk to me about that. I'm willing to scan it and reproduce on disc ( if I'm happy with copyright issues )

We could sell on CD here at a price reasonable for the effort taken and give all money to a riders charity.

I can't get this from Ducati now, so i know you ( general public ) can't

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have ONE SET of shop manual CDs for sale here:
http://www.ducati.org/forums/desmosedici-rr/49817-some-d16rr-parts-sale.html#post682934

It is not a copyright violation to purchase an official Ducati product, used.

It might be. I'm told you bought a license to 1 copy of the material on whatever medium it was supplied. Selling on violates the initial contract. I could check that. or I could forget I ever heard it.

You don't have the authority to transfer that license.

but to simplify. like a DVD. You own the physical disc, you don't own the data.

·
Registered
465 Posts
For most software, while one owns the CD or DVD, one has the authority to maintain another copy.

Like a DVD, I have complete authority to sell my extra set of Ducati CDs.

Like a DVD, I do NOT have authority to sell the physical item AND maintain another copy for myself.

Right now, I happen to have in my possession TWO copies of the engine service CD and TWO copies of the frame service CD. I bought a "lot" of Ducati bits and these "extra" CDs were included. I am selling ONE pair of CDs consisting of one frame and one engine manual because I do not need them because I already had copies, also purchased from a Ducati dealer. These are not bootleg items. They came to me via a Ducati dealership. If anybody wants to get all legal, I can produce receipts for all these CDs.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/desmosedici-rr/49817-some-d16rr-parts-sale.html#post682934

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm sorry. that appeared quite rude. I was just thinking aloud. You make good points, some of which only work in the US, such as the 'fair use' policy you allude to. but it's of no matter. As I said, it was just an exercise in wondering out loud what the implications of selling on data were. It was certainly not intended to imply any wrongdoing.

And I've sold a lot of Ducati stuff never intended for sale or resale because people just can't get enough of the stuff. But I wish I still had all my yearbooks :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, please kindly teach me how to get a workshop manual for mine too. There are things I would like to be alert and would like to read so to be leveled when speaking to technical assistance at my city.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
81 - 100 of 106 Posts