Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I've been tasked by a relative to get rid of his wrecked Ducati 999. I do not know anything about Ducati's or motorcycles. I am wondering if there is a market to part this thing out? or would I be better off attempting to sell it all together? or do I just send it to the scrap yard?

I do not know much about the bike as of right now, I have the title in hand and I know it has a full Termignoni exhaust.

The operator of the bike was going about 100mph+ when they went straight off an embankment, miraculously the driver survived and is not paralyzed. The bike has way too many bad memories for my relative and we need this thing GONE asap.

·
Registered
20,815 Posts
Hey All, I've been tasked by a relative to get rid of his wrecked Ducati 999. I do not know anything about Ducati's or motorcycles. I am wondering if there is a market to part this thing out? or would I be better off attempting to sell it all together? or do I just send it to the scrap yard?

I do not know much about the bike as of right now, I have the title in hand and I know it has a full Termignoni exhaust.

The operator of the bike was going about 100mph+ when they went straight off an embankment, miraculously the driver survived and is not paralyzed. The bike has way too many bad memories for my relative and we need this thing GONE asap.
depends on how badly its been wrecked. If its a total wreck you can part it out people always need parts, if its rideable maybe you can sell it whole. It all depends on what you want for it and how much time your going to invest. I suggest starting with a few clear HONEST pics.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Where is the bike located?

Photo's would be good too, not phone shots, but real photos of major components & overall.

Has the insurance company written it off or is it OK to be registered?

Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said we want this thing gone, the bike was wrecked before insurance was put on it so we want to get as much possible out of it but I still understand how completely jacked up this thing is and how we have already lost all our money, so I really just want to get a deal and want the buyer to get a deal. I would love for some input on what you all think it is worth.

The bike is located right outside Denver, Colorado (USA)

Here are some preliminary photos before I get a DSLR and clean it up.

The only damage to the motor that I have seen so far is what appears to be the cam gears on the head? (forgive my complete ignorance)

Here is the link to my Photobucket album: http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/060s/library/Ducati 999

·
Registered
944 Posts
wow, that is pretty f'd up. doesn't look like much is salvageable. hope the rider was ok.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
This bike isnt worth much when its intact. Im sorry to say there dosent seem to be anything worth salvaging. I wouldnt put a single piece from that one on my bike....

Sorry for the negative comment.

I am glad the rider is alive. I hope the rider and family heal quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys, I'll throw it on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks and see if I can get more then what the scrap guy will give me. The driver is alive and can walk, (barely). I believe he broke his back, everything from his hips down, an arm and a few other bones. It's an awful scenario but we have had the best possible out come, so we are thankful!

Thanks again. :yo:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
looks like another "tipped over in the driveway" like the 899 lol. Only kidding. Glad the rider made it out alive. It would probably be too much of a headache to dismantle it. Not sure if there are any parts worth saving. craigslist like you said or maybe headed to the scrap yard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.