Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giugliano's back and already fast! Clearly the break period and injury didn't slow him down any. FP1, Ducatis in 1st and 2nd. FP2, 3rd and 4th, right behind the two Kawasakis.

Reactions: 219R and ENZOSO

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah man.. Looking good so far..
Would be good to see one of the two get on the box in Italy..
Hopefully Davide can keep the shiny side up come Sumday.
See how tomorrow goes..

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Giugliano in pole position!! He's back! :D

Now the question is how he'll do tomorrow. Can he physically last the race at full pace? Can the tires? We shall see...but coming back from a back injury and not having been on a bike for a few months, I'd say he's doing a great job so far!

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Yep......... and here is the rusults of Q2......Davies not far behind in fourth!!!

Superbike - Results Superpole 2
Imola, 8-9-10 May 2015 102/05
No. Rider Nat Team Bike Gap Rel. Laps Avg
Speed
Time Max
1 34 D. GIUGLIANO ITA Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team Ducati Panigale R 1'46.382 5 167,036 278,5
2 66 T. SYKES GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'46.466 0.084 0.084 5 166,904 275,6
3 65 J. REA GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'46.503 0.121 0.037 6 166,846 280,0
4 7 C. DAVIES GBR Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team Ducati Panigale R 1'46.672 0.290 0.169 7 166,582 279,2
5 91 L. HASLAM GBR Aprilia Racing Team - Red Devils Aprilia RSV4 RF 1'46.854 0.472 0.182 4 166,298 277,8
6 81 J. TORRES ESP Aprilia Racing Team - Red Devils Aprilia RSV4 RF 1'47.394 1.012 0.540 6 165,462 280,0
7 36 L. MERCADO ARG BARNI Racing Team Ducati Panigale R 1'47.628 1.246 0.234 7 165,102 279,2
8 86 A. BADOVINI ITA BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team BMW S1000 RR 1'48.147 1.765 0.519 7 164,310 276,3
9 60 M. VD MARK NED PATA Honda World Superbike Team Honda CBR1000RR SP 1'48.225 1.843 0.078 6 164,191 270,0
10 44 D. SALOM ESP Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'48.524 2.142 0.299 6 163,739 271,3
11 22 A. LOWES GBR VOLTCOM Crescent Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'48.730 2.348 0.206 6 163,429 274,9

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Should be interesting to see how they all go on the race rubber..
Chaz was over a second quicker on the sticky stuff..
Good on Davide.. Nice to see his return with such speed, and a smile.

Excited for the races.. Should be good fun..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, should be very interesting.

The Kawasaki's did super long run's in free practice, where the Ducati's were chasing minor setup issues. (according to the press releases).

Qualifying was semi predictable and I do think Giugliano will be there in the race. However, his consistency in the past, hasn't been anything like Davies. So it's really hard to predict since this is his first race on the new bike.

Exciting times, waking up early tomorrow to watch! :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yea, should be very interesting.

The Kawasaki's did super long run's in free practice, where the Ducati's were chasing minor setup issues. (according to the press releases).
Personally, I understand why Davide would do less laps than the others in FP4.. Coming back from injury and such..
Through the first three FP's, Davide only did 4 less laps than Chaz and Rea.. Who both spent the same amount of time on track as each other.

Sykes has spent the most time out there on track as compared to the other front guys.. He must be tired of getting beat by his team mate by now?

Early rise for a view indeed..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The problem Sykes has is all his own, not the bike. So he just needs to churn in laps and learn how to ride this new bike.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Reminds me a bit of Jorge..
Stop wondering and/or worrying about your teammate, and why the other guy is on the same bike and doing better..

Clear the head.. Clear the mind.. And get to work..

Though I do not expect it, I would like to see Sykes and both Ducati's ahead of Rea..
Mix it up.. And tighten up the chase..
We will see..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, Sykes has always been a head case, if everything isn't right, he simply can't ride. Now that he's got a faster teammate, it's even worse. He think's it's the bike, but in reality Rea is simply a faster rider and probably always has been.

It would be nice for the Duc's to be out front at Imola and they will be there at one point or another for sure, now that Gigi and Domenicali are there! EEK!!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Giugliano will crash out of both races tomorrow.
:popcorn:
Why so negative?

He will crash out of the first one only, then he'll simmer down a bit for the 2nd race and finish off the podium :eek:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Davies is just not having a good run these past couple rounds. :(

Giugliano.....I'm not a smart man....but it seems to me that if he could just keep his front wheel on the ground he'd get better drive.
IDK, just my take.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Davide did pretty darn well in my eyes..
Too bad for Chaz..

Reactions: WERA689 and 219R

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Davide did pretty darn well in my eyes..
Yea, he was clearly in a lot of pain after race two. It will be interesting to see what he does performance wise once he's more fit. He looked really good before the tires wore down in both races.

Too bad for Chaz..
It sucks, I'm so pissed. Davies was not happy with the bike all weekend, complaining about basic handling problems. The two DNF's really sucked, what a nightmare. Looks like another hard year for the boys in red. :(

I'm happy for Rea though, he's doing a great job saving his tire and keeping decent pace to fight at the end. He's well ahead of 2nd place man Haslam, though Sykes is catching up for sure.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, sucks for Chaz for sure. He was having a good in both of them. Would've most likely finished 3rd in both of them, if it wasn't for the issues he had with the bike :(.

Giugliano did great all things considered, especially in race 1.

Rea....don't like the guy...but I'll be damned if he's not a good rider! Guy is absolutely dominating this championship. There's not even a challenge anymore...so fast and so consistent!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
So electronics issue in race one and loose bolt in race two. Maybe an oil cooler line or something of that nature.

Chaz isn't very happy about the progress with the bike either. He kinda lamented the fact they need TWO big steps forward to be fully competitive. Reliability hasn't been one of their issues, so I'm so confused on why they struggled to make the bike work this weekend.

Dang! :(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
So electronics issue in race one and loose bolt in race two. Maybe an oil cooler line or something of that nature.

Chaz isn't very happy about the progress with the bike either. He kinda lamented the fact they need TWO big steps forward to be fully competitive. Reliability hasn't been one of their issues, so I'm so confused on why they struggled to make the bike work this weekend.
Do you have a link so I can read/watch Chaz's comments about his bike and his unhappiness towards his bikes lack of progress?
I like to check that out..

Personally? Other than the "someone is getting fired for that" mishaps this past weekend? Chaz looked like he would have been pretty competitive last weekend?
No?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you have a link so I can read/watch Chaz's comments about his bike and his unhappiness towards his bikes lack of progress?
I like to check that out..

Personally? Other than the "someone is getting fired for that" mishaps this past weekend? Chaz looked like he would have been pretty competitive last weekend?
No?
Yeah I'm sure Chaz is utterly pissed with the progress of the bike. He went from barely even getting in the top 5 last year to running at the front and getting podiums, including a win, in the first few rounds of this year....yeah, what can I say...absolutely terrible progress. All reasons to be pissed about :jerkoff:

This weekend was just very unfortunate for him. Nothing he could've done about it...a solid 32 points lost, due to something that hasn't happened so far this year, and oddly enough happened in both races.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts