Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again! Ducati and Kawasaki are at the top of the time sheets through FP2.

Laguna is a bit far away from me, so I couldn't be there, but some guys I know were there and got a chance to meet Chaz and talk to him about a few things.

They asked him what advice he might have for me to improve my lap times, since I'm always looking to improve. Chaz said..."tell him to do this:"....:D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That put a smile on my face Rubb....!! :D:D:D
Yeah I laughed pretty hard when I got the picture with that comment :eek:...especially because I could actually see that happening. There comes a point where you've learned about as much as you can about how to get fast, but nothing else is working, and the only advice left is "less brakes, more gas" :eek:

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surprised to see Rea 0.75 seconds off the pole!! But definitely good job to the Aruba Ducati guys! Hopefully it stays that way for the race tomorrow ;)

Canepa did great too for Althea! 7th place...by far his best qualifying of this season, even though he's on his 3rd bike so far??

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
************SPOILER*********

Chaz was killing it out there in Race 1! Ran a perfect race! Rea with his worst finish of the season...a lousy 3rd (sarcasm) ;)

Reactions: WERA689 and 219R

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should change that to perfect WEEKEND, not just race. Well done Chaz!! That's what I call domination!

Giugliano's crash looked pretty nasty...hope he's ok.

Reactions: 219R and Neo-996

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a different note, what is it about Laguna Seca that other classes are not allowed to race there?? Why not Supersport? It was the same crap with GP, where Moto 2 and Moto 3 didn't race there. What's the deal??

·
Registered
333 Posts
On a different note, what is it about Laguna Seca that other classes are not allowed to race there?? Why not Supersport? It was the same crap with GP, where Moto 2 and Moto 3 didn't race there. What's the deal??
I'd thought that the GP support classes never made it because there weren't enough facilities to house all of the teams. That's what I recall anyway.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd thought that the GP support classes never made it because there weren't enough facilities to house all of the teams. That's what I recall anyway.
That means AMA/MotoAmerica had dibs on that because they've ran alongside there with GP and/or WSBK. They even had all the classes race in MotoAmerica now, so obviously they have a lot more space than just the WSBK class, but maybe not enough for all classes in each, and somehow AMA/MotoAmerica always got dibs on that space.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Couple pix for you guys

Attachments

Reactions: W17

·
Registered
13 Posts
The real reason for the Supersport class not competing at Laguna Seca is money. Laguna Seca is run by SCRAMP, basically a local non-profit organization that donates it's profits to local charities. They simply don't have the financial means to pay Dornna's exorbitant fees, and bring over the Supersport class. This is also why they couldn't host Moto 2 and Moto 3 when this was a Moto GP event.

FIFA has nothing on Dorna, the FIM, Youthstream, and F1. Bribes to get new venues (Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) and extortion to keep old ones (Laguna Seca) is how the business of racing is done these days. It's disgusting. It's also why we're having such small fields competing at the highest levels of "world championship" motorsports. Four mfg's in Moto GP, three in F1, and 20-22 riders in a 40 man gate for MX1 GP's. Why? Follow the money.

This is also why we in America need to make sure that Moto America succeeds. AMA Pro Racing and the DMG Group that followed were merely incompetent. Dorna and the FIM are corrupt. There's a difference. If Moto America fails, the chances are that con men and criminals like those above will step in.

So, please support Moto America where and when you can. I think their ultimate goal is to not only return American riders to the top tiers of road racing, but to actually raise the level of our sport worldwide. Remember the days of Roberts, Spencer, Shobert, and Schwantz? Those were also the days of Doohan, Sheen, Fogarty, Slight, and so many more. It can be done again. We just need to encourage those who are truly passionate about racing, and drive the greedy bastards out of business. Yes, it is possible to make money and do the right thing.

Speaking of greedy bastards (lawyers), I should state here that all of this is strictly my humble opinion, and I offer no proof my assertions. I also happen to believe that OJ murdered his wife, but I can't prove that either.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The real reason for the Supersport class not competing at Laguna Seca is money. Laguna Seca is run by SCRAMP, basically a local non-profit organization that donates it's profits to local charities. They simply don't have the financial means to pay Dornna's exorbitant fees, and bring over the Supersport class. This is also why they couldn't host Moto 2 and Moto 3 when this was a Moto GP event.

FIFA has nothing on Dorna, the FIM, Youthstream, and F1. Bribes to get new venues (Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) and extortion to keep old ones (Laguna Seca) is how the business of racing is done these days. It's disgusting. It's also why we're having such small fields competing at the highest levels of "world championship" motorsports. Four mfg's in Moto GP, three in F1, and 20-22 riders in a 40 man gate for MX1 GP's. Why? Follow the money.

This is also why we in America need to make sure that Moto America succeeds. AMA Pro Racing and the DMG Group that followed were merely incompetent. Dorna and the FIM are corrupt. There's a difference. If Moto America fails, the chances are that con men and criminals like those above will step in.

So, please support Moto America where and when you can. I think their ultimate goal is to not only return American riders to the top tiers of road racing, but to actually raise the level of our sport worldwide. Remember the days of Roberts, Spencer, Shobert, and Schwantz? Those were also the days of Doohan, Sheen, Fogarty, Slight, and so many more. It can be done again. We just need to encourage those who are truly passionate about racing, and drive the greedy bastards out of business. Yes, it is possible to make money and do the right thing.

Speaking of greedy bastards (lawyers), I should state here that all of this is strictly my humble opinion, and I offer no proof my assertions. I also happen to believe that OJ murdered his wife, but I can't prove that either.
Some bold claims there regarding Dorna and FIM. You got any proof of that??

Regarding Laguna Seca's money...am I missing something here?? Since when does a race track pay people to go there and race? :confused:...every track I've been to has a rental fee for the day/weekend/week or whatever and the people (or organization) pays the track to rent it out. Otherwise tracks would go out of business. Look at Indy for example. They only have a few events there every year, and they're world class events. If the track had to pay for those few events, they would've gone bankrupt long ago. They have no source of money. Their only source is what THEY make from those racing organizations and ticket sales.

COTA charges around $55k per day (or weekend, can't remember for sure). It's listed on their website. I'm sure for MotoGP or F1 it's even more because of other features that they have to have for those events as opposed to some club racing event (such as more staff, all garages open, all the cameras working, safety cars, etc.).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.