Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,735 Posts
wow...sunday night and no comments yet?? ok fine, I'll start

*****SPOILER ALERT*************

So who here thinks that Ducati needs a guy that knows how to finish races?? I vote Lanzi needs to replace Giugliano. Lots of crashes today, and quite a few of them being Ducatis unfortunately.

Don't quite agree with the team orders stuff in the Aprilia and Kawasaki camps, but even though I'm not a big Melandri fan, I think it's just hilarious that he ignored the board in the 2nd race and went for the win! LOL....also funny how Baz let Sykes pass him in the very last turn! :D I understand the logic behind it, but I mostly agree with the commentators and Troy Corser who was a guest in the box...if you're not good enough to win the race, then maybe you don't deserve to win the championship. Can't get used to getting handouts like that. Marco did it in race 1, but said "fuck you all" in race 2.

BUT....biggest news is Ducati 1199 Panigale winning the STK1000!! How 'bout them apples? Undeserving, some may say, but hey...it's racing! Not his fault that Savadori crashed with just several turns to go before the finish line. After a shitty qualifying for Mercado, it was Savadori's championship to lose...and he binned it!

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Sykes has the highest chances of winning, but I do think it'll go down to the last race, and that's what I'm hoping to see anyway. I could honestly care less which one wins. I don't mind Sykes, I don't mind Guintoli, and I prefer Aprilia over Kawasaki but neither of the 2 is Ducati, so I'm pretty indifferent about who's going to win. I just want to see good racing and the win going down to the last race...even the last lap, but I kind of doubt that will happen.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Personally I think Baz and Melandri are punks for there disrespect towards there team and team mates. Neither are mathematically in the hunt for the championship so there winning or position placement helps nobody......if it did then my opinion would obviously be different.

There's no "I" in team but there is in Melandri.
Yeah and I'm sure they know it but don't really give much of a shit. Baz is young, wants to prove himself, his contract with Kawasaki is over and next year he's going to GP. Therefore he had absolutely NOTHING to lose...yet he was "nice" enough to let Sykes go by in the last turn. So technically he did think of the team and his teammate, but he wanted to make it very obvious that he was better that day, and that HE let Tom by.

Melandri is staying with the same team next year, so he let Guintoli by in the 1st race...again, thinking of the team. But to do it again in the 2nd race?? At that point he thought, enough is enough...gave you one handout, not going to do it again...you want a championship, you have to earn it! Guintoli finished 2nd behind Melandri about 4-5 times now in the last several races. If he would've let him win EVERY time, Guintoli would be in the lead now...but honestly, what racer, and racing fan wants to see a guy win a championship (especially at such a high level) because his own teammate let him win a bunch of times. If you want to win, then show that you're the best! Show it by winning races, not getting freebies from your teammate.

It's the racer mentality. You know what they say...at 150 mph, you have NO friends! When you see that guy in front of you, all you want to do is pass him. Doesn't matter who he is. Doesn't matter if it's a MotoGP race or some amateur club race where you don't even win anything other than a plastic trophy. Same mentality....I totally get it...it's racing! :yo:

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I get why Aprilia wanted Melandri to give up again but i'm glad he didn't. Guintoli has to earn it. So did anyone see Guintoli flip off Melandri at the en of the 2nd race? He shook his hand after though.
I had to watch it again to see that....it was a "thumbs-up" not a flip off. Guintoli is more mature than to flip off his teammate for winning.

Reactions: freighttrain
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.