Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to buy a 1997 Ducati 916 Mono. I purchased one new back in 97 and unfortunately had to sell it when times got tough. Fast forward to now, and I want to get it back! Only a 97 Mono will do . . . it's an emotional thing.

Pete
[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
These guys have one. It’s very clean.
They are my local track day support shop. Good people.

Superbike Corse
https://superbikecorse.com
Tel: (949) 305-5563
Email: [email protected]
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10AM - 5PM
23011 Moulton Pkwy # B7, Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: meisco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ryan . . . I'm limiting the search to 1997's for the time being. I may expand the search to other model years if my search turns out to be fruitless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 2WheelTrvlr . . . your bike looks AWESOME!! It's quite a bit north of my budget, but given it has so few miles, I know it is absolutely worth what you are asking!! I forwarded your ad to some friends of mine for them to look at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Meisco - any way I can get the word out is most excellent. Good luck in your search, I realize you're looking for a rider and not a shop queen so my bike doesn't really fit your needs anyway, no matter the cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update . . .

I've been looking in earnest for a 1997 Ducati 916 Mono for more than 9 months now with no luck. I started using a site called OneCraigs.com, which searches ALL Craigslist sites nationwide. I use the following search term: Onecraigs - Search all of Craigslist nationwide. I'll search that link 2 to 3 times a day, to no avail.

However, last Saturday, a bike finally popped up! And it was priced within 10% of the Blue Book value! I'm thinking it's finally happened! The clouds parted, birds were singing, grown men openly weeped (ok . . . that was just me . . .). I already had cleared it with the boss (still negotiating putting it in the living room though), and was just thinking through the next steps. I wasn't even going to negotiate - just pay the asking price! It was late at night and decided to contact the seller in the morning.

Bad move . . the listing was already removed in the morning! Dammit!

So . . . anyone know of any other places to search other than Cycletrader, Craigslist, eBay, Facebook?

Pete

·
Registered
225 Posts
Iconicmotorbikes has some 916 that pop up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts