Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Pete, get all the gas out of your tank, let it sit, open gas cap for two weeks hope it go back normal.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil, Thanks for the words of advice. I bought the bike back in May and noticed something wrong with the tank then, but I was admittedly ignorant of any common problems with the 848's as this is my first. Anyways, the day I brought it home I took the fuel tank off to access the emissions sticker and noted the mounting bolt was out of alignment--still is. I had to put uber force on the tank to get the bolt threaded. Also, there is a notable gap between the ignition cover and tank, and has always been there--all assumptions that the tank has been expanded for quite some time. I'm hoping a new tank will remedy this.

I actually had the tank empty for about two weeks recently while awaiting a new low-fuel sensor and there was no change after putting it back together. I'm guessing my tank is past the line of ever returning to normal. My current tank isn't a show stopper; it just messes with my OCD.

Thanks again, Pete

· Registered
243 Posts
Hey Pete, are you still looking for a tank? I have a red one with the fuel pump. It does have some scratches from storage I'm in Santa Barbara so maybe you can come and check it out I can text you or email you some pictures too. I would like to get $100
Let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.