Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, even though this is my first post and I'm BRAND new here, I did use the search function and rounded up some info...I know that if I can find a Tridon TFS221 fan switch then it's probably going to work.

But, I am looking for someone who'd be willing to part with an Evoluzione low temp fan switch for a 998. I believe the part # I'm looking for is 414-80081 made by Lockhart Phillips and originally distributed by Evoluzione.

Any help would be appreciated, and *** hopefully I'll be able to post some pics after I pick up my new to me 998 this weekend. Contact Cooper jcroundsatgmaildotcom THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Carbon. I just sent Gotham an email.

Widewalker, I did not know that the OEM and Evoluzione switches operate the fans independently...thanks for that info. I can't really see a negative to the fans coming on together with the Tridon switch. Do you?

I'm going to keep looking, but it seems that the manual route might just be the best option.

I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can't really see a negative to the fans coming on together with the Tridon switch. Do you?

The Ducati engineers deemed it important enough to have the fans come on at different temps to keep the motor in the proper operating temperature range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts