Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a lightly used Super pole DP seat for my 1198. I have cash or trade/cash items, Saddleman CF seat and passanger seat cover brand new never installed.

I bought the Saddleman seat and Passenger cover brand new 2 months ago. I want to track the bike and the superpole seat would be ideal for me.

Thanks for looking

Found 1. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I found one CHEAP on eBay but you gotta look every day. I got lucky and nabbed it right away.

Also, a buddy of mine is thinking of selling his so I'll check with him...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen 1 just sell(2-3 weeks ago) for under 130 in mint condition but forgot about it while time was counting down.
Stupid attention disorder.

Thanks and will do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have one

i purchased for $225 plus shipping for mint condition. i've used it a few times and it's still like new. i'll sell for $200 + shipping. let me know.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I seen 1 just sell(2-3 weeks ago) for under 130 in mint condition but forgot about it while time was counting down.
Stupid attention disorder.

Thanks and will do.
Damn, that would've been a hell of a deal! I've been looking for one as well, but everyone is asking $200+ used! Not willing to spend that much for a seat personally. But I also don't really need one...more of a want than a need.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah $200+ does seem to be the going rate. The CF saddle man seat is nice and comfy. But when really moving around on it the center section is messing with me. My tate doesn't like that feeling.

6 feet and 175+lbs, corn fed Midwestern white boy. I did full exhaust, next is 30mm offsets from a member on here, then suspension work or upgrade. Still undecided on that 1.

But I figured in the mean time I could try and score a nice superpole seat.
I am going to search a little longer. So still looking. Let me know if you have 1 for sale

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Mine was $150 shipped. After owning one, I needed it. Best mod next to suspension. But I'm 6' 1''.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for...to get a deal on one for no more than $150.

Yeah $200+ does seem to be the going rate. The CF saddle man seat is nice and comfy. But when really moving around on it the center section is messing with me. My tate doesn't like that feeling.

6 feet and 175+lbs, corn fed Midwestern white boy. I did full exhaust, next is 30mm offsets from a member on here, then suspension work or upgrade. Still undecided on that 1.

But I figured in the mean time I could try and score a nice superpole seat.
I am going to search a little longer. So still looking. Let me know if you have 1 for sale

Thanks,
Cornfed, midwestern? Sounds like my neck of the woods. Where are you at?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Born and raised in South Minneapolis, it was different then not as developed. Then moved in with dad to Ashland WI when I became to much for mom. Baled hay,milked cow's, tended chickens. Peeled popple, picked moss. Learned the value of a dollar for sure.

Shit my younger self would kick my ass if he knew I was going to pay 200 bucks for a seat because I thought it looked cooler.

Well I just called a duc dealer that I seen the seat sitting in and said you have a old seat just collecting dust why not sell it to me at discount price and he said yes. 200 out the door for a brand new 1.
Going to pick it up now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just picked up the seat $200 out the door it came with no hardware. So I went to my local hardware store. Picked up some black allen head bolts and a pair of nylon bushings . Fit like a glove. Looks better too, in my opinion.

I see what you guys were talking about when you said the seat fits taller riders better. When on the bike I can't flop my feet about on pavment. Feet still planted but difference for sure.
Now to put my Saddleman seat up for sale.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Cool deal!

Also, WI is a nice state. Was there this July and last July at Road America. You guys sure have a lot of nice roads around there, plus one of the best track in the country!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts