Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I need your help here... The nose/upper on my Duc 848 is broken, and the right-side mirror broke off. It seems I lost the screw that holds the mirror to the bracket...

This is what I'm looking for:
Ducati 848 848 EVO Left Right Special Mirror Mirrors Screws Screw Bolt Bolts | eBay

It seems a bit ridiculous to pay $20 for 2 screws... Can anyone on here guide me to where I can purchase one of these screws for a reasonable price?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
These bolts are a special, made in brass, and designed to break on impact to save further damage.

I use aluminium button-head screws there from ProBolt. Quite cheap, and bound to break like the originals are designed to do.

If you were of a mind to replace a bunch of fasteners they won't cost you much. A fair bit for freight (minimum charge) if you only buy those two though.

So I have some spares of the originals, but I'm a long way off..

:smoking:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well If you don't want to pay for oem. You could always take the 1 screw you have and go to your local hardware store and match it up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These bolts are a special, made in brass, and designed to break on impact to save further damage.

I use aluminium button-head screws there from ProBolt. Quite cheap, and bound to break like the originals are designed to do.

If you were of a mind to replace a bunch of fasteners they won't cost you much. A fair bit for freight (minimum charge) if you only buy those two though.

So I have some spares of the originals, but I'm a long way off..

:smoking:
Good info there... these screws look special, but goooood lawd, $10 for a screw seems a bit excessive. I'm going to look into the fasteners and probolts... It looks like i'm going to be taking off the fairings regularly, so it only makes sense. I've heard some good things about the DZUS fasteners... any experience with those?

Well If you don't want to pay for oem. You could always take the 1 screw you have and go to your local hardware store and match it up.
I thought about this... but didn't want to start down this path on my first duck... I know as soon as I put on a home depot screw, all i'm going to see is Ducato, or Ducata... you get the idea - haha.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah I would go oem or the direction of what pat1098 suggested. I didn't realize they were made to brake.

But to be clear I didn't mean a home depot with thier crap cast china metal. I have a local hardware store that carries all SS forged, grade 8 us made. Granted there is more standard then Metric being a us store. Still can find what I need in any mm.

I know these HW stores are getting harder to find.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of love on this thread... There's a member on here that PM'd me directly, letting me know that he has an extra one of these screws. Gotta love the love on this forum...

Thank you all for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts