Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB an ETI Fuel Cell, Must be good condition, Prefer painted red. Either STD or endurance capacity.
Let me know what you have.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
While not trying to take away someones used parts sale........I might suggest buying a new one either from an ETI dealer or ETI direct. Fuel cells can be tricky items especially if used and not taken care of properly. Gasoline can do funny things to non-metallic composites that don't show up for a long period of time. Plastics expand but carbon or fiberglass composites don't show any thing until they leak.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is it your always the first to reply when I post anything. You must spend more time on here than I do. Thanks and probably good advice. Just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone had one laying around.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I must agree with 'the other Pat' on this. New is better.

I bought mine new. I picked it up personally in LA - worth doing if possible, as John is a very interesting and accommodating man. And he lives at the foot of the canyons..

And worth going for the 21L capacity - this is one of the best (of many..) things I did to mine. And it has been good for over 40,000 kms, apart from a minor leak at the flange mount underneath (now sorted).

A friend I also fitted one to sold his bike with it on, which was crazy. Now I'm trying to sell his original and no-one wants it..

Best plan? Buy the larger capacity one new. And spend the extra $45 or so on the foam. Makes a real improvement.

Very unlikely you'll find a good one second-hand. Anyone who has one will want to keep it. Or else you might end up with a patched-up headache. They are so amazingly light, but also fragile in a crash.

Worth the $1500 or so for a newie. John will look after you if you have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts