Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a ride height rod and ride height tool for my 1198.
Obviously I am looking for a deal otherwise I would buy new.
A couple rod's have popped up for sale on here but I just missed them, so still looking.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ordering my TTX rear shock in the next couple of days.
So I need these parts. Ride height rod and ride height tool, thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn no luck huh? guess the 2(ride height rods) that popped up in the winter months for sale were taredown parts.
No 1 has either one of these pieces sitting on a shelf collecting dust they could sell me? LMK fixin to buy them brand new here.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
The ride height rods always seem to go quick, but of course they vary in height depending what you get so make sure you get the right one for you.

The rear ride height measuring tool (if that's what you're referring to) are hard to find used. I was looking for one as well, and finally found one from a guy I know who doesn't have an 848 anymore so he doesn't need it. I offered him $50. New ones are around $100, with the cheapest one being the Corse Dynamics one from Motowheels for $70...but then you have to add shipping and you get to around $80.

Why do you care about the height rod though? You should already have an adjustable one, and it works with the TTX. That's what I have on my 1198 now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ride height rods always seem to go quick, but of course they vary in height depending what you get so make sure you get the right one for you.

The rear ride height measuring tool (if that's what you're referring to) are hard to find used. I was looking for one as well, and finally found one from a guy I know who doesn't have an 848 anymore so he doesn't need it. I offered him $50. New ones are around $100, with the cheapest one being the Corse Dynamics one from Motowheels for $70...but then you have to add shipping and you get to around $80.

Why do you care about the height rod though? You should already have an adjustable one, and it works with the TTX. That's what I have on my 1198 now.

Thanks Rub,
A couple popped up on here but sold within the day @50 each.

I agree with a post you made a couple of weeks back saying that the height measuring tool is over priced for what it is.

I read that the stock 1198 height rod needed 7mm taken off each side to get the proper height #'s.

I used to have buddy's in all fields but getting older and people move on so I don't have a mill/lathe guy anymore. And I figured it would cost me 50$ to get the stock 1 milled So I was hoping for a nice used Sato or new sitting on the shelf CD's for fifty.

Are you saying that I can use the stock ride height rod with the kyle link and TTX rear shock? without having to lathe down the ride height rod? cause that would be sweet.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
No, I'm saying you could use the stock one if you have the OEM link, which is what I do. I didn't know you have the Kyle link. If that's the case, then you're right that you need a shorter height rod adjuster. The TTX shock is the same dimension (from eye to eye) as the stock Showa, so I didn't even have to touch my height rod when I swapped the shocks, but that's because I'm using the stock link.

If you want a cheaper method, so you save yourself from buying the measuring tool...after I get mine and do my measurements, I can give you some comparative values. Like get the baseline of 235 mm height (referenced with the tool, as that is a common starting point according to Dan Kyle and many others), and then measure my height to a different point on the bike and give you that value. That way you can have an equivalent number to go by.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rub I will take you up on that when you get the rear height #'s if you could that would be cool.

I picked up the Kyle link a couple of months back.. wait when you bought my white gas tank I used your money well part anyway.

I didn't know your rocking the stock link. I just assumed otherwise.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Thanks Rub I will take you up on that when you get the rear height #'s if you could that would be cool.

I picked up the Kyle link a couple of months back.. wait when you bought my white gas tank I used your money well part anyway.

I didn't know your rocking the stock link. I just assumed otherwise.
Yeah I've already spent way too much money as it is this winter, and those links are expensive, even used they're about $400. Plus, then you have to get a different ride height rod, and my understanding was that you need to have the TTX machined on one end somehow to make it fit. Dan Kyle can do that, but I don't know details, just what I've heard from others here. So all in all, it would've been another $500-$600 more and I didn't think it was worth it at the moment.

I'll send you those numbers when I mess with my height. If the guy remembers to bring it, I'll have it by next Sunday. If I forget to PM you, just sent me a message to remind me...wouldn't be surprised if I forget by then :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts