Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the stars aligned, got time off and had babysitters lined up so we headed out for a 3 day trip to West Virginia on Thursday. Dropped the trailer off in Marietta, OH and started the ride. Took 47 out and had just turned onto RT 16 (about 55 miles) and my bike died. Couldn't get it started again. Bike was turning over but nothing coming from the fuel pump. Took it apart as much as we could on the side of the road but couldn't see any obvious problem and the fuel pump wasn't working as far as we could tell so we figured that we had a pump failure. Push the bike to a house about 1/2 mile away and the people were nice enough to throw it in their garage. Take the solo cowl off the Monster and I hop on the back of my husband's bike. Well at some point, he had taken off the right foot peg since we never ride double so I had to hold my foot up for the whole ride back to the truck/trailer. Finally, get back to pick up my bike and head home. We left at 11 a.m. and got home at 11:30 that night. So trying to salvage the time off, we decided that we would take the kids to Niagara Falls. Well, as we are exiting the turnpike near our house, the power steering fails on the Acadia and we just barely miss crashing into the wall. Thankfully Ed was driving as I'm not sure I would've been able to yank it back especially considering that we were towing. So that effectively blew the Plan B trip. I guess we weren't meant to travel this weekend.

Tore the bike apart at home and yanked the fuel pump out to find the tube to the filter had popped off. Thankfully, simple fix, sadly, still ruined the trip. Oh well. Just seems to the type of riding year we are having. Sigh.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
+2 .. best of luck to you with the next trip

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hear about your broken Duk. I would carry an extra fuel filter in the truck as well it looks like the same unit as BMW K bikes used and they used to split, dumping fuel back into the tank, reducing the pressure until it stops running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.