Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried the stoner xlite helmet @ laguna gp years back. it felt pretty light and similar fit to my suomy spec 1r. iirc, it was the same size.

i also tried one time a shark helmet (foggy model) but that was a model 3 or 4 years ago. i think same size as my suomy. i almost bought it but the guy offered deal on a spec 1r extreme and got that instead.

times have moved on. no dealer carry either here. I'm an arai and suomy head only.

can anyone chime on size comparisons if they have the 802r or shark speed r series 2 and had a suomy in the past (even if a gunwind, which I also had).

my suomy's are starting to date and they don't have the graphics i like anymore. i'm thinking 802r davies or the shark speed r series 2 foggy.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Actually my current helmet rotation is the Suomy Excel (past two seasons), and the X-Lite X802R Ultra Carbon.

Fit is identical, so whatever you are in the Spec 1R/Extreme/Excel, get that size in the X802.

The X-Lite is hands down the best helmet I've ever owned (previous lids were Shoei X11 & X12, 2 Bell Stars, and a barely worn AGV K3 which didn't fit well at all after it broke in).

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice been looking for a new lid for the track as my X-11 has passed it's date.
I will check out those X-lite's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one major thing that kept me on suomy for almost 8 yrs is the quality of the visors. The last Shark i was about to get had a visor that was pretty tough/thick. But clarity wise, the suomy visor was just sharper and a notch up.

Anyone know how the visors are of the newer Sharks or even the Xlite?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.