Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install a XT Racing GPX Pro, on my 848. I'm having trouble locating the RPM and/or gear wire, at the gauge cluster. I've found the 12V switched wire, for my power.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Richard

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Hey, Richard! Sorry it took me a while to respond. Didn't get much sleep Thurs night and prepped/prepping the bike for a track day for tomorrow all night last night.

Just for reference, my bike is a base '08 and am running a GPX Pro4, but imagine the OEM wiring is probably the same for Evo/Corse versions of 848. For the Throttle Position readout, I tapped into the BROWN wire right at the TPS on the right hand side of the bike. For RPM, I tapped into the GREY/BLUE wire for the front ignition coil, then used x2 multiplier on the GPX to dial in the RPMs. I think that's pretty much it as far as OEM wiring. Ground I ran straight to the battery. Brake pressure sensor has it's own wire to use for an input into the GPX harness. Antenna I double stickied to the dash cover.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll try to answer as quickly as I can!

-Christian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts