Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I completely agree with you that doing some training like this would be very beneficial. I would LOVE to do something like this or CSS, but unfortunately the cost of it is pretty ridiculous, and when you add in the cost of travel (since I'd have to go either to the SE or SW parts of the country), it would be too expensive for me. That amount is probably about the total amount I spend on track days plus tires in a whole season.....yes, I know, I need more money :(

I like that YCRS is using R6's as oppose to CSS which uses BMW's...I feel I would learn much more and quicker if I was on an R6, but after all it is called "california SUPERBIKE school" :)

Oh and I feel like it's an understatement to refer to compare Kaleb to the typical local fast guys in club racing. The kid's 17 and he's got huge amounts of talent, which is why he races in AMA already and is also towards the top end of his class. The fact he's faster on his R6 at BIR than Pat on his ZX10 and within 1-2 seconds at RA says a lot. He will see more success in the near future, especially with the new AMA classes and format...guaranteed!

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
No doubt @ his talent level, but still as humble as can be. He gives most credit to God and YCRS, as he and Mason have been some 5 or 6 times when it was based at Miller.

He's who's consistently suggested I go there. I've been "cheating out" and doing the 1+1 days of CSS. Now it's time to work and get educated on some of the things that I've completely neglected my entire riding tenure. :)
Then why don't you give Kaleb like $1000 for a couple of days of training. You could even do it at your home track so it'd be way cheaper! :D....plus if he's been to it 5-6 times, he probably knows exactly how it's ran, and he's also at least as fast as most of the instructors there :p

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
That's probably a good point. When you really think about what you're getting out of it for the money and compare it to most of the classes I had to take in college...those cost around $1000 each and I really didn't want to be there, nor did I enjoy any of it, I really didn't learn anything, and they dragged on for 4 months. When you think about it that way, YCRS or CSS don't sound all that bad :D.

Plus you get to ride their bikes...my only question is, what happens if you crash one of their bikes? Do you have to pay anything extra then? Can you continue on with another bike, assuming it happens in the beginning?

Reactions: WERA689
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.