Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i laid my bike down and need new plastics.... i called ducati to order parts ,,and they said my 2009 1198s did not come in white that year WTF//// is this correct ????????...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The pecker head at the dealer does not know how to use his parts program. The 2009 definitely came in white. I forsee many issues to come with that shop. Is there another Ducati dealer near you? Or better yet, call Ducati Omaha, one of this sites sponsors, and have the body panels shipped right to your door....

Good luck...

·
Registered
438 Posts
09 1198 in pear white also.

But looking at a 2009 1198s doesn't seem to be any S models in white. not until 2010 did the 1198s come in white with a red frame. looks like it's a pearl white and not arctic

maybe you'll find more info I don't claim to know it all.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
A 2009 1198S came in black and red - no white for your "S" model. A 2009 1198S will have the bronze-ish colored frame and wheels; a 2010 1198S will have a red frame with black wheels. The peckerhead was correct. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
so what year do you have?. I hope someone didn't put a S behind 1198.

you can find a build date on the frame and otherparts. mine is 01/09

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what year do you have?. I hope someone didn't put a S behind 1198.

you can find a build date on the frame and otherparts. mine is 01/09
Ya I looked at vin,, its a 09 S model.... but the bike according to the vin ... it was a black bike not the white that i have ... WEIRD...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Wow, he did say an 'S' model in the original post.....reading comprehension skills lacking on my part...

I guess I'm the peckerhead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ya I looked at vin,, its a 09 S model.... but the bike according to the vin ... it was a black bike not the white that i have ... WEIRD...
Does it have the bronze frame and wheels? I have a red '09 1198S and it does.

Sounds like someone changed out the plastic on yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.