1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
There are little rubber "O" rings in the fitting, sometimes they fail, very fragile. I always take a good long look at them when apart. I always use "Teflon" tape on the male threads as a back-up.

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
A gentle 'nip up' of the hose nuts should seal it. They do work a little loose over time. Take care though, as they thread into aluminium.
For the ones on the crankcase, use two spanners so you are only taking up the stage you want to, rather than potentially over-taxing the threads in the main case.
It needs to be checked/tightened at two stages - S/S into aluminium, and S/S to S/S. This also allows you to take up the thread without introducing a twist into the hoses.
Hope it seals up. I haven't had to replace those (double) O-rings on the lines. A tighten usually cures it.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I forgot to mention that it may be worth doing the check/tighten when the parts are warmed up.

And glad to hear you get some benefit from our ravings on here..

Your partner should definitely wear gloves though. I am far from a full-on ATGATT guy, but gloves are vital.

If the worst does happen, she will very likely end up putting her hands out to protect her fall..

:)

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'm always weary about oil leaks that I may not find due to the belly pan. Since I have track fairings, the belly pan would catch pretty much anything so I wouldn't notice it for a long time. Ever since I randomly checked it once and found a bunch of oil in the belly pan (caused by a loose filter), I've been trying to check it more often, but little things like a drop is pretty much impossible to notice.

No gloves though?? That's risky business....in my opinion gloves are a MUST! If it was me I'd say, no gloves no ride.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No gloves though?? That's risky business....in my opinion gloves are a MUST! If it was me I'd say, no gloves no ride.
I agree! My better half works in an ER, she always tells me hands are one of the few places they cant do a skin graft with much success..

good news you got the oil leak fixed :yo:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There is almost nothing you do that isn't accomplished by your hands. Very scary stuff. She's got bigger balls than me, that's for sure.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Send picture of ass.....ya know, for research.
LOL...i was just about to say the same thing! Post a picture...we'll be the judge of that ;). If it's all good, then you can tell her not to worry because 50 people on the internet say it's fine! :D

Reactions: Joeii

·
Registered
235 Posts
The real problem is she feels so safe with me on the bike she doesn't believe it's possible.

It's crazy when she rides in the car with me she's complete opposite always on my ass about how I drive :ahhh:

It's hard enough to get her on the bike because she's worried about how her ass looks on it... for me to insist it's like pissing into the wind.
You might want to tell your wife. She gets 5+ points just for riding with you and if she wrapped her ass in leather she gets +2 minimum.:lovebirds: :naughty: Just let her know you want that Ass to stay Road Rash free.

Good to you, doing your own wrenching. It gives you piece of mind and helps build confidence in your ride

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
This is as close as she will let a camera come to her rear... blurry of course.. and no I'm not the dude in the pic :smoking:

Right to left my wife and my two sisters
Rubbish-approved. She need not worry.

Reactions: WERA689 and Tchase
1 - 20 of 20 Posts