Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Tomorrow, a friend of mine will look at a "2014" HM 821 on my behalf; as the bike is 1,000 miles from where I live.

I'm new to Ducatis and just want to verify what the salesman has been telling me...

The bike is described as a 2014 821 model with a "full" Termignoni exhaust system.

Based on the pics, are any of you able to verify this, please?

Short of the number plate hanger (with indicators?) and the stalk mirrors, has anything else been removed/modified on the bike?

Looking at Google, I've found very 2013/2014 HMs shown with these rims. Why?

Can you tell if this is an SP or not?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think it's an SP because it doesn't have carbon fibre front mudguard and Cam-belt covers, the forks don't look like 50mm aluminium Marzocchi forks and I don't see Bosch-Brembo braking system ie. clear cylinder reservoir mounted on the handlebars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's an SP because it doesn't have carbon fibre front mudguard and Cam-belt covers, the forks don't look like 50mm aluminium Marzocchi forks and I don't see Bosch-Brembo braking system ie. clear cylinder reservoir mounted on the handlebars.
Thanks chevy. :) I had a few other guys confirm it over the weekend too. It's a pity, but not a deal-breaker for me. A buddy of mine test rode it on Saturday and I'll be sorting out the paperwork today. Exciting times! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.