Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fairly new to the forum this is my first question. Im looking to purchase a YSS unit, I have found one online from a suspension store I have used before, they are priced at £290 and Iv'e been told they're handy little units. Im not wanting anything special, just something to replace mine as its ready for the scrap and im not arsed to refresh it. Has anyone had any experience with a YSS before, reading up on them they sound OK but just thought I would ask the question. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The site does not list any Ducati products (that I can see)
The products seem marketed to cruisers only
Never heard of them before

No thanks. I would stick with what is designed with Ducati in mind, or at least with a little performance in mind....

Penske, Ohlins, Race Tech, Fox, etc....these products work, they have warranty, customer service and most likely your installer will be more familiar with them.

That's my 2 cents...

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im on a budget at the moment so this is why im thinking down the route of YSS. I rang the suspension company I have dealt with in the past (Ducati 916 Strada YSS Shock Absorber (94>)) and they did admit it would probably be a step backwards in terms of spec compared to my original shock but honestly, im not bothered about performance, i just want a new unit with a warranty. These guys are a service centre for YSS as I am told on the phone so at least I can take it to them if needs be. Thanks for your advise, much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'd get a used Ohlins or K-tech or something like that before something like YSS that I've never even heard of. Or even an OEM Showa. Hell I have one off my 1198 for sale for $75, but I'm not sure if it would fit your bike, which you didn't mention what it is....that may be important.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Im on a budget at the moment so this is why im thinking down the route of YSS. I rang the suspension company I have dealt with in the past (Ducati 916 Strada YSS Shock Absorber (94>)) and they did admit it would probably be a step backwards in terms of spec compared to my original shock but honestly, im not bothered about performance, i just want a new unit with a warranty. These guys are a service centre for YSS as I am told on the phone so at least I can take it to them if needs be. Thanks for your advise, much appreciated.
So even they say it's a step backwards from your factory shock and you're gonna buy it?

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.